[J-Movie] Kimi to Boku (2011)

Kimi To Boku

  • Title: Kimi to Boku (キミとボク)
  • Title (alternative): You & I, Everlasting Heart (Original site)
  • Release Date: 2011-May-14
  • Runtime: 45 minutes
Synopsis:
Kimi to Boku キミとボク is a 45-minute Live-action adaptation of the popular indie web flash animation.
Originally created by Yamagara Shigeto back in 2001, “Kimi to Boku” tells the true story of a 10-year relationship between a cat named “Ginougou” and the owner who dreamed of becoming a manga-ka. Viewers followed the story from their first encounter until their final farewell, the site accumulated over 4,800,000 hits. The story became so popular in fact, that it was also released as a book in January of 2009.

Starring Nakamura Aoi as the main character, along with Sakamoto Maaya as seiyuu (voice) of Gin-o-go (the cat), and Inaba Yu.

The English version of Kimi to Boku - EVERLASTING HEART, now can be viewed officially at this link
(there will be 3 parts in the flash; Legend of Tanabata, Tanabata festival and Kimi-to-Boku)


Comment:
This is absolutely very very touching story if you an animal lover, or even better, CAT LOVER! I would rate it FULL MARK for this cos not only I'm a cat lover and dog lover, but the storyline about living with non-human best-friend. I've been watching this type of movie, like Hachiko Monogatari, Hachi: A Dog's Tale and Mari to Koinu no Monogatari before, and I love all of them cos they are based on true stories. But all of those are dogs. It is very hard to find a such story that involve cat.

There are some cat movies I found too, but the oone I really want to watch after Kimi To Boku is Gu Gu The Cat, but I couldn't find the movie just yet. I'm looking forward of it. :)

Back on the topic.... I found out about Kimi to Boku right after the announcement of the movie. Been waiting for it, turned out not available in my country nor sold in DVD in my country. LOL! somehow I got it.
I also watched the flash-animation (English version) for 3 times already. 10 minutes per play is nothing if you really want to know the story. AND IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to watch both live-action and the animation.







0 comments:

Post a Comment